“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 16 October 2010

I See The Season Changing

"Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods." - William Allingham

This week I have really noticed the season changing. Even though there was sunshine the wind became icy and I noticed the dark arriving earlier and staying later in the mornings.

The heating has been switched on for the first time this year and the blustery winds have been collecting leaves and piling them in corners and making oriental rugs of gleaming hues upon the grass.
I looked up from my computer and there in the sky was a skein of Canada geese, there must have been 30 or 40 flying purposefully, off on their winter journey.

Later I stepped out the front door and saw the Swifts swooping and realised that they will soon be leaving too.

The squirrel has started regularly visiting the garden, scurrying along the top of the fence then down the almost bare lilac branches, it causes great interest with the cats as they watch it through the window.

The new moon this week was at first a tiny sliver high in the sky.

A few days later it was bigger and low and orange in the sky, it was beautiful! but I didn't have my camera with me that time.

The new moon is a good photo to finish on, as it definitely feels like a new phase, a new season to me this week. You can feel the change in the air.

I hope you all had a good week and I hope this new season is a rich and satisfying one for you.

Susannah x

So what did you see this week?

This is for week 5 of I Saw Sunday why not visit and join in!
Tell us what you saw this week.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Wonderful, and I can definitely feel the change too at the moment and am starting to burrow in earlier and earlier every night, I managed one photo this week so I was a chuffinch about that! heheh
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for next Sunday :o) x

Susannah said...

Lol Deb, I love the fact that you are using 'chuffinch' too. :-))))

Oooh, a photo! I am heading over to read your post now.

Thanks for joining in. x

Elizabeth said...

I got a flat tire in my efforts to get out and gather things to list today. But, I did find a few things,

Elizabeth

Michaela said...

I love the smell of autumn leaves. And, of course, the color.. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails