“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Still Finding The Time. . .

I've spent a lot of time struggling to find the words to meet my nanowrimo daily wordcount this week. But I still found time to note the things that stood out for me, here's a collage of those things. . .

I SAW . . .
Red berries through my window.

Leaves and reflections in the bird bath.

The colour contrast of this fallen leaf against the bright green of the ivy.

The Sun that hangs inside my front window, a welcome shot of colour on a grey day.

I HEARD . . .
The Miles Davis CD, Kind of Blue - Playing in the background as I wrote, its notes a landscape for my thoughts.

My Mum as she looked at the fallen leaves everywhere - saying that she loves the colours of autumn, but thinks it's very untidy. ;-)

The soft tap of my fingers on the keyboard as I wrote.

I TASTED . . .
Fresh Figs.

Homemade Vegetable Soup.

The gorgeous combination of marmite and crunchy peanut butter!

I FELT . . .
Overwhelmed by the thought that I had started nanowrimo with no plot....again!

Exhilarated as words began to pour out of my fingers and onto the screen.

The weight of Bina my cat in my arms and the comfort of her soft warm fur.

The dampness of the mist hanging in the air.

ALSO . . .
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Jinksy for The Real Toads 'a spotlight on' series. The link to the interview is at the top of my side bar. :-)


I hope all well with you all. x

Thought of the week
Whether your life is a blossom pink or a gloomy hue
depends on the filters you choose.'' - Ivan Kally


I am linking this post to week 61 of I Saw Sunday

Images and words - Susannah Bec

16 comments:

Barb said...

Hello Susannah, Good luck on nano! I like your photos of a wet fall - I especially enjoy the textures in the brown leaf against the weathered wood. Your practice of allowing your senses to make connections and discoveries is one I also attempt.

Susannah said...

Good to see you Barb. :-)

jabblog said...

Well done, Susannah:-)
My NaNoWriMo is progressing slowly (also plotless!) after two false starts. Family intervenes and provides a good excuse - shall be pushed to complete;-/

Gemma Wiseman said...

All the best on Nano! I still haven't been brave enough to take the challenge! Love the series of photos! And also love all your responses with the 5 senses!

Susie said...

Keep going with your novel. NaNoWriMo will be that deadline gets the first draft done. Quite an accomplishment. I hope your plot presents itself.

Lovely photos.

illuminary said...

There is a gentleness in that photo of the leaf..
very soothing...
*smile*

earlybird said...

Glad to hear you're still writing, Susannah. Good luck this week!

Jinksy said...

No gloomy view when you're around, Susannah! x

Jade said...

Good luck with Nanowrimo! I decided not to participate this year--maybe next year. Loved reading about all of the different senses you experienced and the creative way you've expressed them :) Jazz music is great for writing.

turtlememoir said...

Beautiful photos, love the contrasts and then that 'almost blue' photo (bird bath) leading me to Miles Davis... I've been listening to Chet Baker (it's the time of year, isn't it? - a bittersweetness of nostalgia, remembrance, in the air)

Ellen said...

I love the way you see the world. Beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I like that you encourage all of us to use all of our senses. You step with butterfly feet, and I am so glad that you do,

Elizabeth

Arnab Majumdar said...

You have had a nice weekend... :) It's nice to experience life through the little things, and savour those moments as they come and pass.

Cheers,
Arnab Majumdar
ScribbleFest.com

Susannah said...

Thanks everyone for popping in and for your comments they are much appreciated. :-)

Really nice to see you all. x

Jennifer said...

It's lovely to check in. Glad to know all you experienced this week. Write on sis!

Susannah said...

Thanks Jen. :-) It is always good to see you. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails