“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 17 December 2011

Pink Light, Birds, Bells and Buddha's

Follow the river and you will find the sea." - French Proverb

Sometimes I awaken before it is light, and I sit and watch the dawn arrive.
Slowly dissolving the darkness with its gentle pink light. . .

Jackdaws greeting the new day from the top of 'their' trees.

I adore the view from my computer, I look up and these are the views I see.
I always feel I am more a part of that world out there, than I am
part of the rooms stretching out behind my chair.

Though of the rest of those rooms that I inhabit, my bedroom is my favourite room.
It has a big window that lets the light come streaming in, and is full of bright colours and pretty things.
It cheers me up and makes me smile. It always feels like summer in there!

What about you, what's your favourite room in your home?

"Joy does not simply happen to us.
We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day."
- Henri Nouwen

And here's my newly arrived snowflake, courtesy of Penny (Jinksy) and her caption competition. I love it, and it looks like those birds are eyeing the new arrival carefully too. :-)

In the shadows of my front room the Buddha is steadfastly holding his focus. . .

I'd like to thank all of you who left comments and good wishes on my post last week about my sister Deborah getting married! I've passed on your good thoughts to the newlyweds. :-)

I hope your week was a good one. x

Thought of the week

"Do your little bit of good where you are;
it's those little bits of good
put together that overwhelm the world."
- Bishop Desmond Tutu



I am linking this post to week 66 of I Saw Sunday
Images - Susannah Bec

15 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

O such lovely trinkets and white ornaments! A beautiful display in your home! I too love working near a window so I can enjoy the colours of the day!

Ellen said...

Lovely pictures. So many beautiful things you have. I love the quote about joy. I completely agree. I have chosen to live my joy for awhile now and it has made all the difference in the world to me. That is why my blog is entitled injoyinmylife because I am in joy in my life and I'm also enjoying my life.

vivinfrance said...

Beautiful pictures, as usual. The quote from Desmond Tutu is one to live by.

Isabel Doyle said...

Beautiful thoughts and views Susannah - and I agree, that Tutu gentleman is one of our finest.

Best wishes Isabel x

Jade said...

Your pictures are so cheerful & beautiful. They brought a gentle peace to my morning... I also love waking early, working near a window, and watching the sunrise. Blessings to you!

Mama Zen said...

That last shot is stunning!

shewriting said...

your home looks so peaceful and inviting. Thanks for sharing.

zongrik said...

the first group have such delicate colors and then surprisingly contrast with the others.

Susannah said...

Thanks for popping in all of you. It is good to see you. :-)

Thanks for your comments. x

turtlememoir said...

Lovely photos, words, quotes... I especially love the 3rd & 4th picture down - the colours are so beautiful, vibrant and so peaceful.

Susannah said...

Good to see you Ruth. :-)

Selma said...

That pink light is so beautiful. I am always a little awestruck when I see it. The little snowflake is lovely.

Susannah said...

Good to see you Selma. x

Jennifer said...

I love all of the little details in your home and garden. Someone special told me that attention to "small" details are the sign of a true creative. And, I believe, the sign of someone who knows how to celebrate life.

Susannah said...

Jennifer, I think you're wonderful. It is always good to see you. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails