“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 10 December 2011

Right there in black and white . . .

"Speak to me of love, said St. Francis to the almond tree, and the tree blossomed."
- Nicholas Kazantzakis

This last Wednesday after twenty three years together,
my lovely sister Deborah and her partner Wayne
finally became husband and wife.

They slipped off quietly together, and with just their daughter as witness, they made it official!

What struck me most, was what Deb said about the really low key wedding. . .
"the 'getting married' isn't important to me, but the 'being married' is."
Yep, that's the truth, right there in black and white.

Wishing them both 'Happy Ever After' and all the love in the world!

You can see more pictures of the day on Deborah's blog - The Caterpillar Uprising.


Thought of the week
"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them." - David Hume

I am linking this post to week 65 of I Saw Sunday

13 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh that's lovely Sue, thank you, I love you all the world xxx

Susannah said...

I love you. xxx

By the way, have you polished off all the jellybeans yet? :-)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such very special photos! They glow with the spirit of love without all the artificial icing! Delightful!

Ellen said...

Your post is so elegant for such a beautiful occasion. I wish them the very best of luck. And such a great time of the year for something so beautiful. I've always loved December weddings, in fact Hubby and I married several years ago on December 23. As far as I was concerned, the closer to Christmas, the better.

vivinfrance said...

A lovely story. And you have the right idea.

Kodjo Deynoo. said...

Now that is what I call the test of time, congratulation to them

jaerose said...

Beautiful piece - I wondered if you and Deborah were related - now I know! Nosey old me..good to see you again..Jae x

jabblog said...

Lovely story - I'm all misty-eyed now:-)

Susannah said...

Thanks very much for the lovely comments everyone. :-) x

Rashmi said...

This is a wonderful post Susannah....

Yes,What Deb said is very true
"the 'getting married' isn't important , but the 'being married' is."

Wishing both of them a more loving married life...

Jennifer said...

Wonderful. Happy marriage to both of them!

Deborah sounds wise. Like someone else I know.

Susannah said...

Thanks Jen. :-) x

Susannah said...

Good to see you Rashmi, thank you for popping in. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails