“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 7 January 2012

On The Back Of The Wind...

"The new year blew in on the back of the wind.
Whistling down chimneys and banging on doors.
It announced its arrival by hurling rain at my window.
. . . It sounded just like a round of applause."


"The wind makes my garden speak.
It runs through the greenery,
whispering and telling tales."

I am life moving
flowing
like breath
like rivers
like rain

I am life moving
In my perceptions
my feelings
my thoughts

I am life moving
growing
like a tree
a wild love
a child

I am life moving
in tender moments
in grief
and
in joy

I am life moving


"Speeding by the sunset
a blur of yellow streaks
the coming night with gold."



Thought of the week
"For everything you have missed,
you have gained something else."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Words and Images - Susannah Bec

I am linking this post to week 69 of I Saw Sunday

19 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such very beautiful skies! Changing cloud shapes add so much character to a sky! But especially love that first photo! It seems to symbolise tears raining on a gentle heart!

Barb said...

So life-affirming, Susannah! The photos are a creative compliment to the poetry. Hope 2012 is good to you.

Kodjo Deynoo. said...

A very delightful way to see the rain as a clap ushering in the new year. A very positive posting

vivinfrance said...

Wonderful pictures. Your post chimes with the windy week we've had here in France.

Petra said...

great pics. and I love your quote of the week. something to remember!

Rajesh said...

Something very eternal in these lines of yours. I paused a moment to let the message sink in. Beautiful. Do keep up the good work.

Susan said...

I especially like the sky photos. They're uplifting. Your quotation has prompted me to read some Emerson.

Paul Andrew Russell said...

I love those photos of the sky, Susannah.

Susannah said...

Thanks everyone for popping in and for your lovely comments. It is good to see you all. x

jabblog said...

'The wind makes my garden speak' - what a lovely thought. I shall remember that:-)

Jenny said...

Wonderful words and photos to accompany them...

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Susannah said...

Jabblog and Jenny, good to see you. :-)
Thanks for popping in. x

Ellen said...

Oh my, you've done it to me again. Tears of joy. You have reminded me that I am Life - also moving - along - forward. Your pictures, as usual just move me so. Thanks so much for sharing you with us.

Ed Pilolla said...

the wind is quite a character, always in the middle of life and death and having a say as to whether i'm able to pedal my bicycle up a hill easily or not:) neat write.

Susannah said...

Ellen, thanks very much for your kind words. x

Ed, I think people would have more appreciation of the wind if they walked or cycled more. Pedalling uphill against the wind must be great exercise. :-)

Good to see you both, thanks for popping in. x

Janece said...

:) Such a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing it. The bit about the rain sounding like applause was amazing!!

Left you something on my blog yesterday, Susannah. Thanks for all the beauty you contribute.

Susannah said...

Janece, thank you so much for popping in, and for your kind words. :-)

It is good to see you. x

Selma said...

The title of this post is just so gorgeous - 'On the back of the wind...' I love it. It's so poetic. You have such a wonderful sensibility, Susannah. I really admire your outlook on life. Your words and photos always make me feel good. Thank you.

Susannah said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Selma. :-) xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails