“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Let Sleeping Cats Lie. . .

"You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one.
Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own.
It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle." - Paulo Coelho

The weather has changed, there have been glimpses of blue sky and the snow has gone, well almost. When we went out the other day we noticed that by the side of the road there was just one solitary mound of snow about two foot in diameter. I had to smile, because there, huddled close together so that they could both stand on top of it, were two little boys. It reminded me of how my cats are when I bring a cardboard box into the house. Wherever I place it, and whatever size it is, there is soon a queue of cats waiting to get into it.

Meanwhile, no boxes in the house this week, just a sleepy Sammy looking soft and adorable!

"From the kitchen, the rumbling of the washing machine sounds like a distant train.
The kettle gathers steam, hissing as it comes to the boil. Closer and much quieter
is the soft breathing of a cat, sleeping, and if I listen hard, the almost imperceptible
tick of a clock. Then behind those sounds and quieter still, my heartbeat."

I hope all is well in your world. x

Thought of the week
"If what I say resonates with you, it is merely because
we are both branches on the same tree." - W. B. Yeats

Images and words - Susannah Bec

9 comments:

Mystic Meandering said...

Love your top and bottom quotes! And the furry sleeping cuddly cat in between :) Life is wondrous Beauty everyday. As a blogger friends says: It's not just a matter of looking, it is about really Seeing...
Christine

Barb said...

Oh, to be as relaxed as a cat! I like your awareness of sounds, too.

jabblog said...

Beautiful! Sleeping cats must never be disturbed - it tends to make them sulk.

I liked your soundscape:-)

Morvah said...

Hoping that the Sun, shining through the windows of your retreat, warms you and your cats through and through... with love to you... M x

Ellen said...

I think I'm madly in love with Sammy! Thanks so much for sharing those photos. They make me smile.

Jennifer said...

I'm kind of feeling like that this morning! I just want to dive in and rub his soft fur.

Jennifer said...

I'm kind of feeling like that this morning! I just want to dive in and rub his soft fur.

Jennifer said...

I'm kind of feeling like that this morning! I just want to dive in and rub his soft fur.

Paul Andrew Russell said...

:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails