“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday, 4 February 2012

Like a circle in a spiral. . .

“I have arrived. I am home.
My destination is in each step.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

This time of year always seems to be more about what is happening inside, under the surface of things. Nature lies dormant, gathering strength, ready to spring back to life when the time is right. It seems that both nature and I are waiting for the sunshine and the lighter days. It has been icy cold here this week and I decided to focus my lens indoors. There is always something to photograph if you look hard enough...

“Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” - Rumi


Back here again - same spot different day
.

No breeze this time and the sunshine has gone.

It is quieter, stiller, more subdued somehow.

Why is it that whatever road I take

it always leads me right back here.

So little done, so much to do.

I think that I may just be

walking in circles

a g a i n.


“When the magnet does not attract the needle,
the fault lies in the dirt that covers up the needle.” - Sai Baba

"All know that the drop merges into the ocean,
but few know that the ocean merges into the drop." - Kabir

I hope your week has been a good one. x


Thought of the week

“Don’t move the way fear makes you move.
Move the way love makes you move.
Move the way joy makes you move.”
- Osho


Images and words - Susannah Bec.

18 comments:

Barb said...

Helo Susannah, What peaceful photos - I like the greens and blues. The poem is what I sometimes feel, too. That though time passes, I am constantly coming back to the same spot to start once again.

Cynthia said...

Nothing like the cold outside forcing us inside (figuratively and literally)where warmth and light reside, allowing us to be and appreciate where we are. A lovely meditative poem, quotes and photos. Much needed today :-)

Sarah S said...

Beautiful~*~*~*

Ellen said...

This was a joy to read! Going inside. I love it. Both literally and figuratively. I tend to be much more introspective during this time of year and I don't think that's just coincidental to the weather. There is a correlation to going deep in the winter.

Petra said...

great post. I feel like you... walking in circles... yet again.

have a great weekend xx

Paul Andrew Russell said...

You have surrounded horsefly with beautiful things, Susannah; guaranteed to keep winter at bay, if only inside. :-)

Paul Andrew Russell said...

I don't know how my fingers managed to type horsefly when my brain was thinking 'yourself'LOL
Oh dear, I think I'm going senile.

Elizabeth said...

An extremely peaceful and very satisfying post, Susannah. The photos are beautiful and draw the viewer inward, and the words are definitely food for thought. Going in circles is not a bad thing, circles are a symbol for wholeness and completion. Thank you for being exactly who you are.

Elizabeth

Mama Zen said...

This is just an absolutely gorgeous post!

Isabel Doyle said...

Beautiful images of all kinds Susannah - and truly if the universe is inside one, kindness and generosity to any being must add to the universe.

Best wishes Isabel

vivinfrance said...

Your Sunday posts are an oasis in a busy world I do hope you carry on with them.

Jennifer said...

Whenever you shoot photos of your home, I get the sense it is a peaceful, happy place to be. Glad I could visit.

Susan said...

So many beautiful images. I love the Osho poem.

Have a good week.

Morvah said...

Grr blogger is swallowing my posts again!
Hope you are surviving the cold and are toasty and warm in that beautiful home Susannah! Thank you for the constant source of inspiration - lovely! ( I pinched the Kabir quote for Drop in! )

teri said...

I have wandered back around to your place- I am surprised that I am already "following you" hmmmm just like a circle in a spiral. How will I remember where I am and that I like it here!? My destination is in each step- I do love your blog. xo teri

Suz said...

it's when going in and out go together

susannah...lovely photos and words

Harry Nicholson said...

The rupas are sublime.
So long since I was here.

Susannah said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and comment. It is really wonderful to see you all.

Much love to you all.

Susannah x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails