“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday 22 January 2011

Glimpses of Sunshine and Pretty Cats all in a Row

This week the sun came out and what a welcome sight it was. When it has been dark and grey for too long then just to see that yellow glow, that blue sky and that most welcome light, lifts my spirits and makes me smile.

The cats too sought out any available puddle of sunshine and bathed in it until their fur was warm and their purring was deep and rhythmic, inviting stroking hands and my head resting on their warm backs with their soothing sounds filling my ears.

I've been editing my novel too, still slow work and more deletions. I started with approximately 76,000 words and I'm now down to 69,5000 and I am only half way through this read through.

The good news though is that I am in love with a couple of my characters and when I read through some chapters I am so caught up in the story that my heart begins to sing!

"The world is its own magic." - Shunryu Suzuki

Some sunshine for you!

"I hang from the moment. Twisting each second,
stopping the tick, before it tocks.
" - SB

Pretty cats all in a row - I was so surprised to find all three of them lined up in a row like this. Usually this is the favourite spot of Ms. Mitz (the middle cat and mother of the other two) and at times I have seen her daughter Bina the other tortoiseshell join her but to see Sammy too, now that was unusual!
You can see here that Bina couldn't believe her eyes! What is he doing here?I think the sunshine through the window was just too much too resist!
This morning the sunlight was slower to dawn, it was chilly too.

Sitting beside the window...

"Morning, beginning the slow ascent into the day. Opalescent sky reflected in my cup.
A movement in the still surface, there is a bird flying in my coffee. I drink it up."


Taken from my blog - My Name Is Zing


Other New Posts at my blogs this week!

Blocked Doorways at Joy Frequencies
Writers Block at Out of My Ocean

Come and say hello!


Thought of the week

"You are in integrity when the life you live
is an authentic expression of who you are."
- Alan Cohen


What was your week like?

I am linking this post to week 19 of I Saw Sunday why not join in with us! and tell us what you saw this week. :-) You have all week to post your link - words or pictures or both!

9 comments:

Rajesh said...

Su, the cat photos are a big wow, wonderful :) Hope the Lord sends more of sunshine your way. All the best with the book.

Susannah said...

Thanks Rajesh! :-)

Well the Sun isn't shining today and it is decidedly grey outside - but that will make me appreciate it more when the sun shines again.

Thanks for visiting again.

Deborah said...

I loved all the photos but what a treat to see all the cats lined up like that! Wonderful :o)

Susannah said...

Hey Deb! Yes don't they look great! A rare occurance for sure. x

Paul Andrew Russell said...

There are cat people and there are non cat people. We're cat people too, Susannah. :-)

Oh, and we're in the middle of another snowstorm here. lol :-)

Susannah said...

Hi Paul, more snow! I will send you a little sunshine next time it appears. :-)

Miaows and purrs from our cats to yours. lol

Good to see you.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful to hear you knowing (and loving) your characters! That made MY heart sing.

Susannah said...

Thanks Jennifer. x

Garden Forum said...

Every sun came out is a new start and its a blessing that you wake up in another day.
Nice post. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails