“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday 17 September 2011

And today I fell in love with the sky . . .

"If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face
and the warm sun on your hand."
- Eido Tai Shimano Roshi

These photo's are my attempt to capture the magnificence of the sky today as we were driving out of the village. It was changing by the second and held me awestruck. . .

Spreading in all directions as far as my eye could see, I was almost overcome by the sheer enormity and majesty of it. So when I got back into the car, I scribbled down my impressions trying to capture the feeling and how it had affected me. . .

". . . and the sky was full of mountains,
snow white and edged with light.


Billowing turrets set against the brightest blue.

They made me catch my breath in awe.


What a
privilege to be alive and to be conscious of it
. . . and of the splendour of skies such as these."
- My name is Zing

These tiny pictures don't do justice to the sight that I witnessed today, but they and my words are all I have to share of it. I hope from this that you can appreciate some of the beauty too. :-)


I hope that your week has been a good one. :-)


Thought of the week
"Our life is an apprenticeship to the truth that around every circle
another can be drawn;
that there is no end in nature,
but every end is a beginning, and under every deep

a lower deep opens." - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am linking this post to week 53 of I Saw Sunday
Images and words - Susannah Bec

24 comments:

Leontien said...

Hi Susannah
The pictures are great! I hope you have a great weekend!

Leontien

earlybird said...

Majestic photos, Susannah, I think you've captured the snow white mountains very well.

Deborah said...

Oh they're just glorious Su, lovely, lovely! xx

Susannah said...

Good to meet you Leontien. Thanks for visiting. :-)

earlybird, thank you. :-)

Deb, they are aren't they. x

vivinfrance said...

Susanah, I too am a fan of clouds, so I found your post enchanting - pictures and words. I hope you don't mind, but I've saved the page to savour later.

Susannah said...

Hi Viv, I am heartened to hear that you are a fan of clouds too. :-) x

Hazel said...

These are gorgeous sky shots! Love the R.W. Emerson quote. Thank you very much for dropping by my nook and for welcoming me to I saw Sunday. Neat crowd in here :)

Anonymous said...

There are painters who fell in love with the sky
and they fell into azzure and nimbly drank their for eternity

Susannah said...

Hazel and Illuminary, thanks for popping in. It is good to see you both. x

Paul Andrew Russell said...

My favourite photographs are of the sky, Susannah. Yours are beautiful. :-) Thanks for sharing them.

Elizabeth said...

I can so easily get lost in cloud action. What a wonderful set of photos and way to spend an afternoon. Glad you were there and willing to share,

Elizabeth

Susannah said...

Good to see you Paul and thank you. :-)

Elizabeth, thank you (I am glad you love clouds too.) x

Pblacksaw said...

I love the clouds.. I am always making photos of the sky.. Thanks for stopping by my world and for inviting me into yours.. Have a great week!
Patsy

Susannah said...

Thanks for visiting Patsy. :-)

none said...

I love the clouds and your words especially, a perfect pair! When we get a chance to write our impressions soon after we've experienced them, the feeling shows in the words, I've noticed. Brilliant. :)

Susannah said...

Jade, I am sure you are right with that observation. :-)

It is good to see you. x

Morvah said...

No need for tinkering with these eh? They're lovely! It has been 'blowin' a hooley' down here for what seems like weeks and bringing in the Autumn really fast - chilly too, I'll be looking out scarves and gloves any day now! Much love Susannah - have a good week...

Susannah said...

Morvah, no, definitely no tinkering needed with these! We've been having some amazing skies just lately and ith this wind they change so quickly. I have trouble getting anything else done when it is a day like that, I am too busy staring skyward and oohing and aahing. :-)

Yes, you can feel the chill in the air, almost autumn equinox then the slide back into the dark time of the year. I am looking forward to hats and scarves, I've got quite a collection!

Much love to you, have a wonderful week. It is always good to see you. xx

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with the sky a little bit more after reading this. Just gorgeous!

Susannah said...

Good to see you Selma. x

Barbara Scully said...

I love big wraparound skies.. thanks for sharing!

Susannah said...

Good to see you Barbara. :-) x

Mystic Meandering said...

I've been "falling in love with the sky recently too!" - drawn to the sky - to the vastness and color. I have taken to "twilight walks" in the evenings - usually just around sunset and have been able to capture some pretty good photos... I love how the clouds just suspend there... changing form. Your photos are beautiful here.

Susannah said...

Good to see yu here mystic and so glad that you appreciate the sky too. :-) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails