“I’m going to make everything around me beautiful - that will be my life.” — Elsie de Wolfe

Saturday 10 September 2011

Stalking Beauty on a Friday Afternoon. . .

"The ego tells you to fill space. Your spirit tells you to let space fill you." - Alan Cohen

W
hen you look for them there are little glimpses of beauty everywhere. You turn your head and something interesting shouts, look at me, look at me. Camera in hand, I stalk those magic moments of line or colour, reflection or shape. And as with all things, the more you look for them, the more you see.

Focus is like a beam, it is as though your subconscious mind knows that you want to see the startling little gems hidden in the everyday sprawl. So it becomes your seeker and turns your head just in time to see something glitter.

I have been running around like a child this week, oohing and aahing as I captured these glimpses and moments.

But then came the daunting task of distilling the 250 photos I ended up with! (thank goodness for digital cameras) down to just a few to include here.

So I thought to myself, shall I share the golden fields, tractors and corn bales? Or maybe the lovely and very picturesque visit around an historic house and grounds?

Or shall I pick those little moments that caught my eye and sent me scurrying around a park as though I were chasing a butterfly? - Ah yes. They will do nicely! :-)

So here are just some of the things that I noticed on Friday afternoon . . .

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true." - Michael Faraday

"The delights of self-discovery are always available." - Gail Sheehy

The colour of those leaves floating in the water was gorgeous.
The sign works for the above picture too. :-)

Beautiful reflections in the water. . .

And here, the blue sky has taken up residence in the river.

Sky back in its correct place, (normal contrast too this week!) :-)

I hope that your week has been a good one.


Thought of the week
"Learn to pause...or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you." - Doug King


I am linking this post to week 52 of I Saw Sunday

18 comments:

Jinksy said...

A soul-satisfying selection of photographs captured By your all-seeing eye - with the help of a camera, of course.♥ Thank you!

vivinfrance said...

Gorgeous pictures as usual. My favourites are the single leaves caught in the chain link fencing.

Paul Andrew Russell said...

Lovely photos, Susannah. Beautiful colours.

earlybird said...

IF one looks, it's amazing what one can find even somewhere quite unpromising. Well observed, Susannah.

Elizabeth said...

Since I started doodling again, I am so much more aware of patterns and lines, shapes, and forms. I love your photos for that reason. Wonderful Susannah,

Elizabeth

Susannah said...

Thanks everyone for dropping in and sharing my photos. :-)

Viv, those are my favourites too!

Good to see you all. x

Morvah said...

Looks like my comment disappeared, probably hit the wrong button but it's good and lost! Love your leaves in the wire Susannah. Hpoe you're having a good week M x

Susannah said...

Hi M, sorry you lost your comment, I have had that happen so many times! (It is usually a really long and heartfelt one too, that never comes out right the second time.) :-)

All is well here, though it has been very blustery!

Good to see you, hope all is well with you. x

Anonymous said...

The leaves caught on the fence are like little presents and I do love the reflections; it's as if another world exists under the water. That beauty you were stalking? I think you found it!

Susannah said...

Thanks Selma. :-)

I must admit I nearly squealed with delight when I saw those leaves like little jewels, just displayed there at eye level and illuminated with light.

....well at least it is cheap to take me out! LOL

Ann said...

What wonderful photos. I loved the double yellow line and brick one! Also the leaves hanging on the fence. Just wonderful Susannah. You have a wonderful eye!

Susannah said...

Hello Ann, it is good to see you! I hope all is well with you. x

I love the double yellow lines one, I am glad you like it too. :-)

Barbara Scully said...

oh susannah.. you have a great eye.. and i love the quote about letting the space fill you! Thanks for sharing these photos... I love the sole leaf in the chain link fence too..

Unknown said...

I love those photos of the edges of things, the boundaries and overlap between one world and another :)

Susannah said...

Barnara, good to see you and thank you. :-) x

Susannah said...

Tom, it's wonderful to see you here. Thanks for popping in. :-)

Ed Pilolla said...

the leaves in that chain link fence are so urban autumnal. i like those a lot.

Susannah said...

Good to see you here Ed, thanks very much for popping by. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails